NExT Kenya – Live update
- Posted by: Gaetan Dermien
- Category: Kenya
Successful digital status event of the NExT Kenya programme
On 29th of April, COLEACP hosted a digital event on its 5-million EUR NExT Kenya programme, funded through the EU to enhance Kenya’s horticultural exports.
150 participants had the opportunity to listen to our high-level panelists, to find out what has happened in the first year of the programme and how to partner with the programme.
Following speakers all shared their views on the current challenges and opportunities of the Kenyan horticultural industry and how this programme is designed to address them:
- Apollo Owuor (Chairman FPEAK and COLEACP Board Member),
- H.E. Katrin Hagemann (Acting Head of Delegation of the European Union to Kenya),
- Prof Hamadi Boga (Principal Secretary, Crops Development and Agricultural Research, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperatives),
- Clement Tulezi (co-Chair National Horticulture Taskforce and CEO Kenya Flower Council),
- Jeremy Knops (General Delegate of COLEACP) and
- Dr. Chagema Kedera (NExT Kenya programme coordinator)
If you could not join us, do not hesitate to watch the session recording.
The presentation of the event is available here.
Interest to join the NExT Kenya programme? Click here to send in your request for support.