IPPC Capacity Development guides now available in French
- Posted by: Anne Sweetmore
- Category: News
In the field of plant health, the International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) is the world’s reference organisation. It offers many high-quality publications, including Capacity Development guides that support the activities of National Plant Protection Organisations (NPPOs).
COLEACP has been collaborating with the IPPC to co-publish French versions of eight of these guides, which were originally published in English, particularly with the intention of making them available to the francophone countries in West Africa. The guides draw extensively on requirements specified in several International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPMs) of the IPPC. They will be useful to NPPOs, and to other COLEACP members and partners, in the context of Fit For Market SPS programme activities responding to the new EU plant health rules.
To accompany each of these eight guides, COLEACP is producing training notebooks highlighting the key messages. These will also soon be available for COLEACP’s expert trainers, and for members and partners.
The eight IPPC Capacity Development guides that are now available in French via COLEACP’s e-library are:
- Establishing a National Plant Protection Organization (view)
- Operation of a National Plant Protection Organization (view)
- Managing Relationships with Stakeholders (view)
- Import Verification (view)
- Export Certification (view)
- Plant Pest Surveillance (view)
- Guide to Delivering Phytosanitary Diagnostic Services (view)
- IPPC Guide to Pest Risk Communication (view)