- Posted by: Gaetan Dermien
- Category: Uncategorized, United Kingdom
The UK’s withdrawal from the EU customs union and single market took place on 31 December 2020 on the basis of an agreement concluded between the EU and UK on 24th December 2020. This event has both important implications for the ACP horticultural trade with the UK, particularly for goods delivered to the UK via initial ports of landing in the EU (so called “triangular supply chains”).
In order to inform and support its partners, COLEACP has updated its general information document for ACP horticultural exporters.
This document addresses, amongst other things, the main challenges and implications, and analyses the different supply chains impacted, such as :
- Direct exports to the UK
- Direct exports to the EU27
- Indirect exports to the UK via the EU27
- Indirect exports to the EU27 via the UK
- Indirect exports to the Republic of Ireland via the EU27 and the UK