2021 Kenya Avocado Excellence Awards
- Posted by: Zuzana Majeska
- Category: Kenya, News
On 10 December, COLEACP attended the Kenya Avocado Excellence Awards (KAEA) as a shortlisted nominee under the category of “best development partner”.
COLEACP is in good company in the category, alongside MARKUP (the EU-EAC Market Access Upgrade Programme); the Government of Kenya’s National Agricultural and Rural Inclusive Growth Project (NARIGP); and the independent, nonprofit research institute RTI International.
The nominations in all the categories can be viewed here.
The KAEA, now in its second edition and becoming a national ritual, is an initiative of the Avocado Society of Kenya. The awards acknowledge and recognise contributions to the avocado sector that change or alter businesses, resulting in advancement forward in all areas of the sector, and including but not limited to marketing, research and development, products and production innovation.
The KAEA aims to achieve:
- advancement of excellent service delivery and overall industry development
- recognition and appreciation of exceptional contribution by industry players
- encouragement of innovation, creativity and strict adherence to industry best practices and regulatory standards
- stimulation of healthy competition among industry players and adoption of best practice(s).
The NExT Kenya (New Export Trade) programme, implemented by COLEACP, is established in collaboration with the EU Delegation in Nairobi and Kenyan stakeholders.